Online Coaching & Mentoring on Bar Exam Answering Techniques for the Philippine Bar Exams
The next run for the 2017 Bar exams will begin on March 1, 2017. Click Sign Up to register.
What is this Online Clinic & Coaching?
This is the original and the first individualized online workshop on the “Art of Answering Bar Exam Questions” for the Philippine Bar Examinations. It is based on the theory that passing the Bar Exams requires three L’s: Language, Logic and Law. However, what Bar takers usually focus on is a review of the Law only, often taking the other two L’s, Language and Logic, for granted. So, this online clinic seeks to supplement your regular Bar Review with individualized diagnostics and coaching on the proper way to answer Bar Exam essay problems and questions.
What is the goal?
The goal is not to teach you what the law is, but how to answer Bar Exam essay questions. It will be a clinic in the sense that we will try to diagnose and find solutions to your problems in answering Bar Exam questions, be they related to English grammar and composition, issue-spotting, logic and reasoning, or the way you present your answers.
Who conducts the clinic?
I single-handedly conduct the clinic based on my experience in teaching Bar Exam Techniques in different Bar review centers since 2002, and in checking thousands of exam notebooks as a law professor since 1998. I do not accredit others to do it to ensure the quality of the checking and critiquing of answers. I do this only on the side, and that’s why I can only accept a limited number of Bar takers or students depending on what my schedule allows.
How much is the registration fee?
The registration fee is a one-time, non-refundable amount of P3,000 only. However, I reserve the right to change this rate at any time.
How to register?
You can register by text, PM, or email. Click “Sign Up” for instructions.
After submitting your registration, we will contact you within the day if you registered by text, or within a day or two if you registered by PM or email, to confirm availability of a slot, and for further instructions to complete your registration.text, or within a day or two if you registered by PM or email, to confirm availability of a slot, and for further instructions to complete your registration.text, or within a day or two if you registered by PM or email, to confirm availability of a slot, and for further instructions to complete your registration.text, or within a day or two if you registered by PM or email, to confirm availability of a slot, and for further instructions to complete your registration.
Will my identity & performance be treated as confidential?
Yes, your identity, answers, performance in the online coaching and the other personal information you provide shall be treated as private and confidential. For more information about this matter, please read the Privacy Statement Policy found at the bottom of this page.
How does it work?
The program normally consists of 12 exercises, which I will email one at a time with the corresponding instructions. Each exercise covers a different type of Bar problem. After receiving your answers, I will give you feedback, comments, tips, and suggestions based on your own unique problems that we discover in your answers.
What is the schedule?
It depends on your own time and schedule. You can register and begin the workshop any time it is convenient to you. If you submit your answers to the exercises promptly and regularly, you can complete the program in about 6 to 8 weeks. However, during the pre-Bar review months I prefer to conduct the clinic in batches as I can only accept a limited number that I can handle.
Is this a Bar Review?
No, this online clinic is not a Bar review. It’s purely an online workshop on answering Bar exam essay problems. I only discuss legal provisions and principles only insofar as they become relevant to the exercises. So, the focus of the coaching is on the presentation, grammar and reasoning used in answering, not much on the subjects or substance of the answers.
Should you be online at some specific time?
No, you can simply answer at your own convenience and time after receiving each exercise. There is no deadline in submitting answers so you are in control of your pacing.
Is this coaching also open to law students?
Yes, you have to learn the art of answering Bar exam questions as early as possible. The earlier you learn this art, the more you would become a master of it by the time you take the Bar Exam. However, this coaching requires that you already have a working knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Law, and so you should at least be in your second year in law school.
Are suggested answers given?
Yes, when I give my feedback on your answers, I also give suggested answers. When the exercises given are actual Bar Exam questions, I also give an actual answer from a Bar topnotcher, which provides for a great learning experience.
Do the exercises follow the sequence of Bar subjects?
No, this is not a Bar review so the exercises do not follow the sequence of subjects in the Bar Exams. Instead, they follow a particular sequence of lessons and tips on the Art of Answering Bar Exam Questions.
How soon would you receive the feedback for your answer?
I try to check & send my feedback the following day. However, during busy days like when I have out-of-town lectures or when I have some pleading deadlines to meet, it might take around 3 to 5 working days before the feedback could be sent.
Is handwriting also checked?
Yes, if you think you have a problem with your handwriting & want me to have a look at it, then you may send me some samples of your handwriting like scanned copies of your previous exam booklets in law school, and I will give you my feedback and suggestions.
Should the exercises be answered based on stock knowledge only?
Ideally, you should answer the exercises based on your stock knowledge. However, if you find them difficult, you may always check your notes and study the applicable law and jurisprudence before answering. The purpose of this online clinic is not to test your legal knowledge and recall of legal provisions and principles, but your skill in answering questions the proper way. What’s important is that you close your notes and references during the actual writing of your answer.
Does my registration expire?
Technically, it does not expire. You may go slow or go fast depending on your own time and convenience. In case you get busy and you can’t answer the exercises regularly, you can simply stop for a while and just continue when you have the time. However, since I will be accepting another batch of enrollees for the following Bar Exam year, I expect you to finish the exercises within a year from signing up. But if you plan to defer, just inform me and we’ll move your coaching to another year.
Is there a guarantee that you will pass the Bar after this coaching?
No, there is no guarantee. Passing the Bar Exams involves a lot of variables. But this online clinic will help you improve on one of the important variables, that is, your skill in presenting your answer the topnotcher’s way.
Enrollees of my Online Coaching who successfully passed the 2015 Bar Exams:
- ABAD, Rachel Ann Katrina – San Beda College
- ALICANDO, Krister Shaun Prinz – Far Eastern University (FEU)
- ALIVIO, Hanes Louise – University of San Jose – Recoletos (USJ-R)
- ALVAREZ, Ma. Jessa – University of the Philippines (UP)
- ANDERSON, Mandy Therese – Ateneo de Manila University
- ARUGAY, Glory Grace – San Beda Alabang
- BAGGAY, Joefer – University of the Cordilleras
- BALLESTA, Ma. Norma – San Beda College
- BALTAZAR, Kimberly – New Era University
- BANIQUED, Janet – University of the Cordilleras
- BANZON, Kris Marian – Ateneo de Davao University
- BASAN, Emelita – University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
- BAUTISTA, Sid Angelo – De La Salle University (DLSU)
- BAYON, Paula Bianca – University of the Cordilleras
- BELDEROL, John Alexander – Bukidnon State University
- BIALA, Dan Paul – University of the Cordilleras
- BIDES, Reden – Saint Louis University (SLU)
- BUNA CRUZ, Greta – University of the Cordilleras
- BUSTONERA, Maria Carmela – University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- CABALLERO, Krisna Samantha – Ateneo de Davao University
- CALMARES, Ian – San Beda College
- CAMPILLA, Adrian – San Beda College
- CARINGAL, Kristia Lorraine – Far Eastern University (FEU)
- CIRUELOS, Mary Grace – Far Eastern University (FEU)
- COBARRUBIAS, Maria Graciela – Arellano University
- CORRALES, Marlon – San Beda College
- COSICO, Michiko – San Beda Alabang
- CUA, Michael Pio – Ateneo de Manila University
- DATUDACULA-GURO, Farhana – Notre Dame University
- DAYAG, Richard – Saint Louis University (SLU)
- DAYTO, Mary Grace – Aquinas University
- DE LOS SANTOS, Marifel – Far Eastern University (FEU)
- DE LUMEN, Ramonchito – Arellano University
- DELA MERCED, Nicu – Philippine Christian University (PCU)
- DELDIO, Manuel – Arellano University
- DIZON-CATBAGAN, Ma. Liberty Rio – Philippine Christian University (PCU)
- DUREZA, Christy Theresa Bernadette – Cor Jesu College
- DY, Zara Marie – Silliman University
- ESPIRITU, Peter Guan – De La Salle University (DLSU)
- ESTRADA, Nestonel – Saint Louis University (SLU)
- ESTRADA-BANIQUED, Rona – University of the Cordilleras
- FANTILANAN, Chary Lou – University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- FERNANDEZ, Jessa Mariz – San Beda College
- FLORETE, Mary Christine Salome – University of Iloilo (UI)
- GALLEGO, Rajane – University of San Carlos (USC)
- GALVEZ, Genaro – San Beda Alabang
- GARAY, Florentine – Bukidnon State University
- GARONG, Daisy Mae – University of San Carlos (USC)
- GERONG, Dael Churchill – College of Maasin
- GIVERO, Katrina Kris Gabrielle – Ateneo de Davao University
- GUIFAYA, Florence Kathleen – University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- GUILLERMO, Marvic Vonn – University of Mindanao (UM)
- HADJIUSMAN, Jamalodin – Mindanao State University (MSU)
- JADAP, Daughnilen – Bukidnon State University
- KING, Kathleen Anne – University of St. La Salle (USLS)
- LADOT, Delight – University of San Jose – Recoletos (USJ-R)
- LAGROSAS, Sheryl Christine – Ateneo de Manila University
- LAMEN-LEGANO, Florence Gay – University of the Cordilleras
- LAUBAN, Norhussien – Ateneo de Davao University
- MACATUNO, Honey Leth – University of the East (UE)
- MATEO, Jemen – Cordillera Career Development College
- NEYRA, Prince Arthur – University of Mindanao (UM)
- PABICO, Kristine – Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation
- PALMONES, Eloisa – Far Eastern University (FEU)
- PASCUA, Marvin – Cagayan State University
- PIO-MEDEZ, Josie – Northeastern College
- PONGAS, Mike Burton – University of the Cordilleras
- QUINTANA, Retzelyn Mae – Cor Jesu College
- REGIDOR, Romylyn – Pagadian Capitol College
- RILLON, Ruth Maureen – DLSU-FEU Consortium
- ROJAS, Ralph Anderson – San Beda College
- ROMARATE, Geralyn – Andres Bonifacio College
- SAGUIN, Rogelio Jr. – Western Mindanao State University (WMSU).
- SALAS, Pearl Joy – Father Saturnino Urios University
- SALIZON, Benedic – University of San Jose – Recoletos (USJ-R)
- SALLY, Ferdinand – University of Baguio
- SERASPI, Chinky Dane – University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- SEVILLA, Prince Junel – Misamis University
- SUBA, Nasrifa – Mindanao State University (MSU)
- SUPE, Mary Hariette – San Sebastian College – Recoletos
- TABILISMA, Marlon – Tarlac State University
- TAGUINOD-MAGGAY, Tshaine – Cagayan State University
- URSAL, Ernesto – University of San Jose – Recoletos (USJ-R)
- UY, Paul Angelo – Isabela State University
- VALENZUELA, Chery Sheil – University of St. La Salle (USLS)
- VILCHES, Gian Frances Nicole – Arellano University
- VILLANUEVA, Joeyfer – Cor Jesu College
- VILLORDON, Barwin Scott – Far Eastern University (FEU)
Enrollees of my Online Coaching who successfully passed the 2014 Bar Exams:
- Alonzo, Katherine – Cor Jesu College
- Arellano, Alvin Anthony – Cagayan State University
- Atitiw, Victor Corpus – Saint Louis University
- Aton, Carla Zoila – University of San Carlos
- Balt, Al-rashid – Mindanao State University
- Bareng, Shiel Joy – New Era University
- Birao, Emmanuel – University of San Carlos
- Brillantes, Constanza – University of Santo Tomas
- Chaguile, Michelle – Arellano University
- Co, Joahn – Far Eastern University
- Conde, Eduard – University of San Carlos
- De Guia, Anne Rose – University of Santo Tomas
- Doria, Loreto – Bohol Institute of Technology
- Dumalasa, Sean Paulo – University of Nueva Caceres
- Endaluz, Marie Jourgen – Ateneo de Manila
- Fernandez, Antonio Timothy – Louis University
- Galagar, Philip – Ateneo de Davao
- Hirang-Olave, Katrina Isabel – Lyceum of the Philippines
- Javiña-Rodriquez, Jean Violette – University of Perpetual Help
- Kalang-ad, Manuel – University of Cordilleras
- Laurito, Karen – Far Eastern University
- Lingao, Cherrylette – San Beda College
- Lo, Rhodora – University of St. La Salle
- Madrid, Kristoffer Gabriel – University of the Philippines
- Magbanua, Mary Angela – University of St. La Salle
- Mandigma-Aguila, Jenny – Arellano University
- Millena, Rebeca – San Beda College
- Monsanto-Nedamo, Kristine Athena – University of Cebu
- Moraña, Aimee – University of Northeastern Philippines
- Nepomuceno, Tarcila – Arellano University
- Nuega, Gregory Andan – University of San Jose-Recoletos
- Nuestro, Noel – University of Batangas
- Orcullo, Hazel Beth – Ateneo de Davao
- Pangan, Ma. Angela – Angeles University Foundation
- Quinto, Ramiila – San Beda College
- Saquilabon, Christian Lel – Far Eastern University
- Singco, Jon – University of San Carlos
- Suarez-Rotugal, Arra Jolly – University of Nueva Caceres
- Suyu, Richard – Cagayan State University
- Tabugon, Jonathan – Cor Jesu College
Enrollees of my Online Coaching who successfully passed the 2013 Bar Exams:
- Apdua, Arnold – University of the East
- Bautista, Alvin – Bulacan State University
- Borigas, Mickel – University of Batangas
- Busangilan, Mira Ciele – Bulacan State University
- Calimbas, Monica – Cor Jesu University
- Cortez, Ailyn – Arellano University
- Duque, Bernice Michelle – Silliman University
- Fernandez, Trisha Isabelle – University of the Philippines
- Kwok, Maris Donna – San Beda College
- Laiño, Arfil Joy – University of St. La Salle
- Lucero, Ian Kenneth – University of San Jose-Recoletos
- Nacua, Bernadine – University of San Carlos
- Pablo-Nepomuceno, Czarina – San Beda College
- Pe-Benito, Armi Christie – Saint Louis University
- Pichay, Olivia Emmanuelle – Ateneo de Manila University
- Roldan-Advincula, Michelle – Cor Jesu University
- Señor, Nes Patrick – San Beda College Alabang
- Silva, Julie Ann – University of Santo Tomas
- Tan, Ma. Donnabel – University of the Philippines
- Tepora, Marian – Perpetual Help College
- Uy, Herazeus Christine – University of Santo Tomas
- Villalobos, Maria Kamille – Lyceum University
I am a product of the public elementary school system in Minalin, Pampanga. I did not grow up speaking English as a 1st language. In fact, English was my weakest subject from my grade school to my pre-law years. But in my wish to steal a slot in the top 10 of the Bar Exams, I turned English into one of my strongest weapons in the Bar exams. I have found that answering Bar exam questions is an art. It is not an inborn skill. You must learn the techniques, rules and strategies and master them through constant practice and exercises. After learning the art and using it in law school, I have graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1997 with a grade point average of 1.33 from the University of St. La Salle in Bacolod City. And after mastering the art and using it in the Bar exams, I now hold the singular distinction of being the first Bar Topnotcher from La Sallian law school after placing 10th in the 1997 Bar Exams with a grade of 86.825.
- Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PM me: https://www.facebook.com/attyralph
- Text me: +639209387440
Privacy Statement Policy:
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. The personal information you furnish through this web page shall be treated as private and confidential. Your real name & name on Facebook shall be used for verification of your identity only. Your contact details, on the other hand, shall be used only in relation to the conduct of the online coaching or in responding to your queries. Your other information (age, gender, law school, year level, year graduated, and no. of times you have previously taken the Bar exams) shall be used only for understanding and assessing your performance and progress in the online coaching. We will neither sell nor give away your personal data to any third party without your knowledge and consent. However, we reserve the right to congratulate you publicly after you pass the Bar exams by including your name and law school in the list of passers from the online coaching program.